Welcome to this weekend’s Sunday Snapshot!
I hope everyone is having a good weekend! It’s the season for graduation parties, grilling and early morning trips to the local farmer’s market for fresh herbs and produce. If you’re not going to your local market to get your veggies and herbs and whatever else gets you goin’, you really need to start. I would happily pay so much more for the high quality produce we get at the Minneapolis markets on the weekends but I’m glad for the prices as they are. You can’t beat saving yourself money, getting healthy food and supporting local growers all in one sweet transaction after another. Sleeping in on a Saturday is great and all, but going to the market for the week’s produce is just so much more rewarding for us. I highly encourage your to get up early, go get some great deals on fresh local goods and go make something good with them!
So here’s what we have for you this week…
6 Pinteresting People We Followed This Week
1. Foodie Crush – Heidi Larsen has a ton of great food pinned here. You’ll probably lose some time here.
2. Daniel Bear Hunley – Daniel has good taste in many areas aside from just food. Great typography, home goods and men’s style boards here and a few other good things.
3. bakingbetter – Wow, there’s lots of food from this Pinner. I said you’d be on Heidi Larson’s boards for a while? You’ll be lost here quite a while longer for sure.
4. gawkerverse – The Gawkerverse’s Pinterest boards are here. I probably don’t need to convince you to go here if you look at Foodgawker or Weddingawker and such.
5. Avant Gardenist – A single food board here with some good stuff, but what drew me to this one is the large amount of home decoration stuff. Worth a look if you are into interior and exterior home decorations big fancy gardens (non-food for the most part).
6. Lisa Thiele – Lots of food and a great sense of style, what makes her boards really great is how much healthy food she pins.
Don’t forget to check us out and follow us on Pinterest as well!
5 Recipes we’re drooling over this week
- 1. Orange Dark Chocolate & Coconut Bites @ With Style & Grace – Speaking of Lisa Thiele, she has a delicious sounding recipe for these little cups. You had me at dark chocolate, but the orange and coconut make this sound really special.
- 2. Chorizo & Tomato Salad @ Greedy Gourmande – We really love chorizo around here and seeing it in a fast and simple salad like this makes me drool. I can’t wait to try this.
- 3. Katie’s Patatas Bravas with Ham and Eggs @ What Katie Ate – Who doesn’t love Katie Quinn Davies? She has a lot of delicious tapas ideas in this post but the Patatas Bravas really caught my eye and I’ve been meaning to do something like this for a while now. Potatos, ham, egg, thyme… yum!
- 4. Spaghetti Vongole via Chantelle Grady – Ever since we started making our own pasta, I’ve fallen in love with it all over again. So it would probably not be a surprise to Lia that I bookmarked this simple spaghetti dish with baby clams. Simple food is some of the best and like the chorizo salad above, this one has me smitten.
- 5. Summer ‘Freestyle’ Margaritas @ Boulder Locavore – Because Summer is in full swing here I felt like rounding this out with a refreshing drink. This margarita base is perfect for some fruit and herbs. I can’t wait to throw some of these in my mason jars and get my drink on!
We hope you enjoy this weekend’s links! Have a nice week, and see you next Sunday!