There’s something magical about Sundays. I don’t know if it’s sleeping in as late as I want, waking up to a cool and dimly lit apartment on my own terms (no stifling heat or alarm clock). Or maybe it’s because I’m drinking white wine and eating a chocolate bar that was left over from our dinner party with a fun couple of friends from the previous night? It was a good night full of great food, laughter and the Star Wars Holiday Special!
Whatever the case, it’s Sunday and that means it’s time for another Snapshot of stuff I’ve bookmarked to try out in the (near) future as well as the some of the Pinterest users that we’ve followed this week.
6 Pinteresting People We Followed This Week
1. Anne Louise – While we follow Anne Louise for her ginormous food board, she has other boards overflowing with pins of photography, art, home decoration ideas and handcrafted goods. An active pinner, and well worth a follow.
2. Violette L – Sometimes you just like a Pinterest user because there’s just so much stuff to look at. It’s like window shopping or wandering around at a giant flea market where there’s just so much to look at or just finding a cute little store that you can wander around in and be fascinated at every little knickknack they sell. Violette’s boards are like that to me. Oh, and she has a couple of really really good food boards to follow too.
3. Kim Kiwi – Let’s see here… 137 boards full of food, clothing, shoes, animals, celebrities, life, art, places and some random things. Seriously, I don’t know how people can maintain this kind of activity but I’m thankful for it. There’s a lot to see here and very much worth the time to look at a few boards.
4. Myan Duong – A good sized food board plus a ton of other seemingly random subjects make for another great Pinterest user worth looking at. I’m strangely drawn to her board on bicycles but there’s plenty to follow from DIY to fashion to tattoos to home decorating and kids.
5. Zellain Dystopia – Tons of home styling and fashion boards to choose from here. If you’re a fan of the Gothic style, you can’t go wrong with this user. I love her pins and sense of style even though I’m not much of a Gothic person myself. Sometimes it’s good to just look at something different for a while and enjoy it.
6. Erin Dollar – Erin has a large (and excellent) food board and one with drinks, but she also has multiple boards full of art, her own crafts that are a places and pretty things that inspire. Just all around nice boards.
As always, if you haven’t already then feel free to follow us as well!
Recipes we’re drooling over this week
Vanilla Cream-Filled Doughnuts via Martha Stewart and Joanne Chang’s “Flour” cookbook – Holy crap, I think this will have to be a future post. I love donuts and I love vanilla pastry cream. If I can make these at home, I’ll never have to go to a bakery again. Well, ok I’ll still stop by Angel Food on my way to work in downtown Minneapolis from time to time, but…. yeah. Donuts.
TKOs – Thomas Keller Oreos! via Oui, Chef – Oh my God! I can make Oreos at home too! Seriously though, I love chef Thomas Keller and these sound delicious and are a must-try.
Nutella Espresso Mug Cake via Mandy Ashcraft – Who doesn’t love Nutella? Who doesn’t love espresso, or a good mug cake made in the microwave? We’re big fans of microwave mug cakes and I think we’ll be trying this one really soon.
I hope everyone stays cool and enjoys their upcoming week! Try not to eat too much and remember, dark chocolate is the answer to most of your problems…
And a leftover bottle of wine.