It’s July 1st and we’re all wondering where June went so fast. The heat of summer is bearing down on us with full force and July 4th is stuck in the middle of the week! Who let this happen? I didn’t approve of this! Frankly, we’re both getting a little sad-faced. Thankfully, we’ve found we can make ourselves feel better with some food and drink and long sessions on Pinterest.
So read on for this Sunday’s link list…
6 Pinteresting People We Followed This Week
Aaah, Pinterest. It’s like a field of endless inspiration that stretches as far as my mouse clicking finger can click before cramping up… And this is a few of our favorites from this week.
1. Jennifer Chong – Oh Jennifer, we love you and your blog. Her nearly 2 million Pinterest followers is well-deserved. There’s a little something for everyone here, especially if you love food and graphic design.
2. Heidi Leon Monges – Lots of food and home decoration, more food, photography, art, food, clothing, travel, food… Lots to see and follow and repin. Chances are you’ll find more than a little inspiration here.
3. egle – A beautiful sense of style and high amount of activity make her an attractive user to follow. Seriously, she has several boards bursting at the seams with food and photography and your personal feed will always have pretty things in it every time you sit down for a serious pinning session.
4. april and may – We love looking for future home decoration ideas and if you love to as well, look no further. Not really any food here but lots of pretty home decoration ideas (especially if you like the white and airy aesthetic).
5. Real Simple – The folks at the Real Simple home and lifestyle network have some great boards to follow. Lots of food and ideas to make your life simpler and more practical. Check them out if you haven’t before, follow a few boards and get some inspiration for ways to make life easier.
6. Gooseberry Patch – My mother has given us a couple of these cookbooks and you may or may not be familiar with them. I was delighted to find they have a Pinterest profile that’s brimming with food ideas. While these aren’t all of the artsy and gorgeous foodie blog photos that seem to dominate our feed, there is a lot of comfort food here that will appeal to pretty much everyone. It’s a really nice departure from the norm that we’re used to and one that brings me back to my childhood. Thumbs up!
And of course you can also follow us as well for some yummy and inspirational food pins :)
5 Recipes We’re Drooling Over This Week
Because we’re so bummed about the placement of the 4th of July this year, we’re turning to cold treats to keep us happy. Here’s five that we found and are offering up to help you too…
- 1. Magic Coffee @ une deux senses – Let’s hit the ground running! With coffee! We loooove iced coffee. It’s so gorgeous and smooth and best of all, it’s cold. We have a batch of this in the refrigerator right now. It’s dynamite.
- 2. Chocolate Sherbet @ David Lebovitz – David’s chocolate sherbet recipe is one I’ve read a dozen times but haven’t tried it. I really do think it’s time we took the plunge. Read the comments for some awesome ideas on variations of this.
- 3. Firecracker Ice Pops @ Martha Stewart – Martha Stewart to the rescue! Man, popsicles never sounded so good. You may have seen these on Pinterest by now but these strawberry and blueberry popsicles sound so good I think they’re worth a link to beat the heat this week.
- 4. Strawberry-Watermelon Red Wine Sangria @ Sips and Spoonfuls – Sweet Jeezuz a pitcher of this sangria sounds good. And a deck to sit on and drink it.
- 5. Mimosa Sorbet – @ Peanut Butter and Dill Pickles – To round off this week’s list, let’s end it with bubbles. This sorbet sounds refreshing and just what I need with a Sunday morning brunch, which is one of the few acceptable times in the morning to drink!
Between David’s sherbet and that mimosa, we’re thinking it’s finally time to get an ice cream maker. Hell, we might as well throw in a set of popsicle molds too.
Enjoy your Independence Day if you’re American and don’t forget to stay cool!